How to Get the Most Out of Your Plastic Surgery Procedures
Here at Kouris M.D. Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, we offer a wide range of plastic surgery options to choose from that can help you get the healthier and younger looking body you want. Choosing to get any type of plastic surgery done is not a decision that is to be made lightly and neither is choose who you will trust to do your procedure. “The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Whether you’re considering cosmetic or reconstructive plastic surgery, you want the skill of an ASPS Member Surgeon—a doctor with more than six years of surgical training and experience, with at least three years specifically in plastic surgery. Their training and experience make them uniquely qualified to perform your cosmetic or reconstructive procedure. One of the first steps you can take towards a successful procedure is to become an educated consumer” (American Society of Plastic Surgeons).
Things to Remember About Plastic Surgery
- All procedures have some risks- no matter what you are having done, when incisions are made, needles inserted, and things removed from the body, there is a risk for bleeding problems and infections. Your doctor will go over specific risks and how to avoid them with your specific procedures.
- The price can’t be deciding factor– yes it can be expensive and you need to make sure you can afford the procedure, time off, post-surgery care, and everything involved. However, the price for the procedure itself cannot be the final deciding factor -you get what you pay for so a good investment is well worth it.
- Final results take time to see– you are going through a lot and putting your body through a lot with even the most minor of procedures. You will have bruising and swelling from the procedure but it will fade and you will see the final results. It takes time but you will see the results you have been looking for.
- Nothing will last forever– most plastic surgery procedures are permanent to an extent. The results last in and of themselves but your body will continue to change even after the procedures. So, your skin will eventually age beyond what a facelift does and fat deposits may return which is why you need to take care of yourself.
Tips for Healthy and Safe Recovery
- If you have any procedure done, you must follow all pre and post-surgery instructions from your doctor to the letter to ensure you have a safe and successful experience.
- Plan your recovery time and consider how long your doctor says you will need to take it easy and consider personal obligations like work, school, and family duties beforehand.
- Be realistic in what you are expecting in terms of final results. Remember that plastic surgery is not a miracle procedure and there are limits to what can be achieved.
- Follow your surgeon’s guidelines before and after to help ensure you have the best results possible from your procedure and you enjoy your look afterward.
- Arrange for someone to help you with personal care for at least 48 hours after most procedures and longer for more involved plastic surgery procedures.
- Stay hydrated as much as you can. Surgery stresses the body and can cause some organs to not work as well. Staying hydrated helps keep systems working as best as they can.
- If your procedure was in an area at heart level or above, you need to stay as upright as possible for the first few days to speed healing and reduce bleeding problems.
- Avoid exposure to high heat or direct sunlight immediately after the surgery. This is especially true if you had skin treatments done as part of your plastic surgery treatments.
- Don’t take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications as they can interfere with other pain medications and prescriptions that your doctor may give you following the surgery.
- Call your surgeon or medical team right away if there are signs of infection, fever, bad bleeding, or you feel concerned about any post-surgery symptoms you may be experiencing.
Contact Us Today For More Information
To learn more about the plastic surgery procedures we offer and what they can do for you, give us a call today. We would love to help you with your treatment plans and help you find the procedures that are just right for you.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.